Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cruel.

"I sacrificed my soul
for the sheer ecstasy
of laying my sights on you
But now...
I wish I never knew
Of your existence

I wish I did not have
the gift of sight
and hearing
to have found you
so endearing.

You could have moved away
when I was coming
Or...was it I
who stumbled upon your path?
As if drawn
by an unstoppable force
as if blindfolded
into a never ending road
in which you stood.

Bright and brilliant.
Bold and beautiful
That even the golden rays
of the burning sun
had to shy away from you.

You should have turned away
averted your eyes
took flight
exited the nearest door

Or should I be the one
to flee at once?

You could have thwarted
a major pandemonium
of my battered heart.

But you did not.
You gleefully stayed.
lingered.
stalled
with bated breath.

You let me fall quite hopelessly.
Into you.

And then you laughed".

Susan Loone, Penang, 2.00am, Jul 10, 2011.

Note:
Why do you have to meet someone who impacts you so much. Only to be left behind as if the episode of your acquaintance had never happened?

No comments: